Friday, September 8, 2023

September 8, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Pat & Mal.

 Mal and Pat have come to visit me here in Nova Scotia.  They have come every year since we moved here in 1999 except the Covid year when they were prohibited from traveling.  Welcoming old friends is always a pleasure but Pat and Mal are exceptional because I have Pat must of my life.  Few people alive today know all my relatives and family but Pat and Mal are a few still alive who knew my parents.  And they are friends of lots of my friends too.  So w will have have a good time.

In the past, Mal always worked alongside of Ken with any project but of recent years, Mal has self directed to be sure that all my lights are not burned out.  He has already replaced a kitchen light.  And as Pat has some mobility issues of her own, Mal is the only truly able bodied person in the house.  So he is a useful fellow.

They stay in the Guest House and tomorrow they will visit the Farmers Market in town.    I bet that Mal will play some band music for me to enjoy.  Ken has a Bos  speaker where you can listen through the good speakers but on your phone.  Ken and Mal are the only people who can make it work.  A little Salvation Army band music would be a good thing.  So here we go, another beginning of a lovely visit.  

No comments: