Sunday, September 17, 2023

September 17, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. After the Storm.

 I awake this morning to silence.  No shrieking winds.  No crashing of the waves into the shore.  Over night, the storm disappeared on our shore.  Now we will pick up the pieces.  

My friends Walt and Mary are still without power, as have many others.  Highway 8 is closed.  Tress are down across the road all the way to Annapolis Royale.  Miltom streets are closed due to downed power lines.  Trees are down everywhere in Milton too.  The causeway right beside me is closed due to rocks on the road.  The wall is only half standing and some have crumbled.    

Yarmouth and Digby are in a mess due to the heavy rain and high wind.  Trees are down everywhere in both places.  Also in Halifax.  We were spared the heavy rain but not so Yarmouth and Digby.  They had flooding along with the high winds.  We mostly had high wins and waves.  Both grocery store are still closed but McDonals was open bright and early.

At my house, all is well.  Mal emptied the bathtub full of water.  And we must return water containers to friend David.  My driveway is still intact.  I have not yet checked for erosion down by the shore.  Those of us at Western Head came through the storm unscathed.    We are the lucky ones for sure.  I feel fortunate indeed.

No comments: