Monday, September 4, 2023

September 4, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Friends.

This morning, just after 9:00, friend David N. came to check my glucose level.  He knew that Anna would not be working on Labour Day so he came to check up on me.  After checking my level which was 117, he brought me breakfast up to my bedroom: tea, toast and peanut butter, berries and walnuts.  And he joined me with a cup of coffee for himself.  And we chatted until just after 11:00.  

Next in my day was a visit from  friend Gill.  At noon she walked over to talk books.  She was hoping I had copies of the Gerald Durrell books which she wanted to reread.  But I long ago lost control of my library.  She looked but could not find.  So she ordered a set from Amazon.  And we talked books for over an hour.  I told her that all the Canadian authors are on the shelves in the dining room.  But she found a Robertson Davies book upstairs in the hall.  So what do I know.

Then just after 4:00, friends  Mary and Walt drove out bringing  two loaves of freshly baked banana nut bread.  As it was still warm, Walt and I ate a piece, which was delicious.  Mary does not really enjoy banana nut bread but she keeps me well supplied.  And Walt likes it too.  And we talked for almost an hour before they headed home.

So I did not really do anything today.  But my good friends enriched my day and I enjoyed a very happy Labour Day celebration.

No comments: