Friday, October 2, 2015

October 2, 2015. Harper, Texas. Handicapped Plates.

Can you believe it?  Ken and I are filling out the forms to be able to drive the truck using handicapped plates.   Today I did the paper work and on Monday we will drive in to have the Neurologist sign the application so we can hand carry the form to the tax office and get the plates right then and there.   It was Dr. Stotz who suggested we get them.  Both Ken and I have been reluctant  because we assume we would get better  but the good doctor thinks we should get them anyway.  He commented that when you get better you no longer will need to use the space for the handicapped, but in the meantime, he told us to get the plates.    I am thinking that he thinks Ken's improvement might be meager.

I hate to see people, who appear perfectly normal,  park in spaces reserved for the handicapped.  You see it all the time.  Once when I was a manager, I had to ask an agent to leave the office, because of  violation of ethics.    When I reviewed the whole episode, I tried to see where I went wrong in the interview process.   The only hint I could have seen was when I saw her park in a handicapped parking space, and put the tag on the rear view mirror, signifying handicapped.  But she was not handicapped.  When I asked, she told me that before her father died of heart disease, she had a temporary tag for his use.  She still kept it in her glove compartment in case she could not find a parking space.    That should have been enough to keep her out of the office, but I did not think it important.   I was wrong.  In six months she was gone.  If you will cheat at parking you will cheat at real estate.

Ken and I will not cheat but our lives will be made easier with those handicapped plates.  I feel as if we have graduated.  This is not really a good thing...maybe.

No comments: