Saturday, October 10, 2015

October 10, 2015. Harper, Texas. Texting.

Last year, my son David urged me to buy a new phone, one that would easily send text messages, so I did.  I am enjoying the texts a lot.  Last evening while watching the baseball game between the Dodgers and the Cardinals, David and I texted each other many times, telling who we were rooting for and why the pitcher did not get a hair cut and several other comments which were just as innocuous but were fun.  I was by myself watching the game so it was good company to have him share his comments.

And Christina sends us comments and pictures of of the girls.  It is quick and easy and I can look at the pictures immediately without sitting down at my iPad.  That phone is wonderful, especially now that I have a bigger phone to see the pictures.

Yesterday there were four baseball games on TV, which was almost too many for me.  But I watched part of every game and enjoyed every one.  The expertise of the players is astonishing.  They are so good at what they do.  And there are many more playoff games in store for me to enjoy.  And I can text on my phone right from my couch.  The modern world is wonderful.

No comments: