Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23, 2015. Madison, Ms. Claremont Review of Books.

More books are published every year than I could possibly read.  Even when the books are valuable and interesting,  I can not get to read very many in any month, so last year I started to subscribe to Claremont Review of Books, which as the sub title states, is a Journal of Political Thought and Statesmanship.  My system is simple.  I have the hard copy mailed to Texas so when I am there, I always have something new and interesting to read.  As the books have already been published and I probably will never get to read the full book, these extensive reviews work well for me and I am enjoying reading them.

Ken reads what he calls classical trash, but I do not.  If I am going to read, I like to read a literary book or non fiction.  The review is published by the Claremont Institution for the study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy and as I am interested in history and political philosophy, these reviews are right up my alley. I started my subscription last year but it was not until this time at the ranch that I was able to devote time to the journal.  And I enjoyed them thoroughly.  Ken thinks I am nuts to read the paper copy rather than reading on line but I prefer the hard copy.  I often skip around and sometimes begin at the back.  My system works for me and I will stick with it!!

No comments: