Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015. San Antonio, Texas. The Volleyball Game.

Samantha and Allison play on the 8th grade  volleyball team.   This afternoon, I went to the game.   This was the first volleyball game I have attended this season and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I expect an 8th grade team to make mistakes but what surprised me was how well they played.  The team actually played real volleyball, with passing and setting and slams.

But the part of the team that was most impressive was the serves.    That speaks well for the coach.  They only made three serving errors the whole match.  They play to 25 points and to win the match, you must win two out of three games.  The girls do not get upset when they have mistakes and they encourage each other with their efforts.  These girls have the makings of a good varsity team in future years.

Our team won in two games which is always a satisfying feeling.  But the most important aspect of the game was to watch the team work so hard to win each point.  The team members are energetic and enthusiastic as well as talented.   My hat is off to the coach and each members of the team.

No comments: