Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8, 2015. Harper, Texas. H.E.B.

My life is so sparsely populated with activities that going to the grocery store is the highlight of the day.  This is especially true when I am shopping in a H.E.B.  For the second time in a year, I went grocery shopping.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  These Texas store are the best.  Each store is laid out in a similar fashion so you can find your way around.  And the variety seems limitless.  Today, on my grocery list was berries but I came out of the store with $80. worth of delicious articles, including a lemon chess pie.  On the way home we munched on miniature cinnamon rolls.  Delicious.

Our grocery stores in Liverpool are good and the Krogers stores in Mississippi are excellent but nothing comes close to H.E.B.  I don't really know how they do it,  but the next time you are in Texas, be sure to visit one of their stores.  You will be like me, and make it the highlight of the day.    But perhaps you will not be as deprived as me that I actually wander over the store inspecting the goodies and loving every minute.   I feel like the Russians who first shop in our stores when they are utterly delighted and overwhelmed.  I just had fun today.

No comments: