Saturday, October 3, 2015

October 3, 2015. Harper, Texas. Christmas Shopping.

Today was the day I went Christmas shopping in Harper, Texas.   A new Dollar General store has opened in Harper so this morning I purchased the items to fill up the Christmas bags for the Texas girls.  Dollar stores are great and this new one is especially so because everything is new.   My task was to go up and down every isle and put in my basket four of everything that would be appealing for teenagers.  Of course, the items I select have changed over the years but the girls still get a kick of opening their big bags Christmas morning.

I am shopping today because we go to San Antonio on the 13th and will leave the bags with Suzanne to be brought out on Christmas morning.  Normally, by now I will have several gifts set aside for Suzanne and David for Christmas, but I have stayed away from stores so have nothing to wrap for them.  I bought bags for both of them but I have nothing to put inside.  The dollar store will not work for them.

Christmas shopping for the girls last year was the only gifts I purchased.  No gifts for any adults.  Also no cards.  This season will be better I think as I feel much better.  However, I have just noted that I have forgotten to give Samantha and Allison any birthday gifts at the end of August.  I realized it when I was reminded of Sarah's birthday this month on the 15th.  Most grandmothers I know never forget a birthday but here I am getting ready for Christmas when I have forgotten the birthdays.  Shame on me.

When I checked out at the Dollar Store, the lady asked me what I was shopping for, so of course I told her about my Christmas bags of goodies for my granddaughters.  She thought it a splendid idea and will use it for her own grandchildren.  Now I hope more people will shop at the Dollar General store so it will survive.  I like that little store.

No comments: