Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015. Harper, Texas. The Last Hurrah.

Today I had my final appointment.  And it was a good one.  By any standard, I am much better than I was when the Oncologist first saw me in May.  The markers in the blood for breast cancer are more than half what they were back then and my blood work is pretty close to normal.  My body is pumping out lots and lots of new cells.  All this shows in how I look, says the good doctor.   My color is good and I look energetic.  He actually suggested that even if I get an infection, I would not have a life threatening event, which would have been the case in the Spring.  So now I can attend the volleyball games when we are in San Antonio this week.  Hurrah!!

I am scheduled for both the Pet and Ct scans on the 20th in Mississippi.  At that time, we will really find some answers.  But in the meantime, I will continue along my path of good health, and keep up  my exercise and walking routine.   And I will continue taking the Ibrance.  It seems to be working.

No comments: