Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6, 2015. Harper, Texas. Odds and Ends.

The playoffs have started and already good things have happened.  The Yankees lost the wild card  playoff to the Houston Astros.  It was a well played game with no errors.  The fun has begun.  But the Yankees will play no more this October, while I will enjoy the excellent play of the Blue Jays.  I suspect the St.Louis team will win the World Series.  They are an excellent team.  But I will cheer for the Toronto team.  I got to like them when living in Nova Scotia.  Don enjoyed watching their games and I often joined him.  I even got to know the names of the players.  But I love the baseball playoff season.  You just never know who will shine.

Ken is struggling with pain in his shoulder.   If he works the shoulder,  it hurts.  If he does not do it, his shoulder seizes up and won't move.  But it still hurts.  The same with walking.  Yesterday, because we were in Fredericksburg, we went walking.  Today he commented that we may have walked too far.  Always a difficult balance between too little and too much exercise.

Our friends the Perry's have had infections so have wisely stayed away from us, and with Joyce and Robbie in Puerto Vallarta for two weeks, we have been isolated.  So this morning,  I talked on the phone with my friend Wendy for thirty minutes.  It was the ticket to a happy day.

No comments: