Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Farmers Market.

The line for the fish monger was short, so that was the first place we stopped.  Three men take your order so in a jig time, you are over to the cashier taking your money.   We bought 2 pieces of fresh tune, 16 good sized shrimp and a red snapper filet.  For Mexico, its was very efficient.  500 pesos.

The next stop was the bakery.  The bread and rolls  are delicious.  I felt as if I wanted to buy a loaf of every type of bread, but of course that is impossible.  But I bought 4 different types of bread plus 4 fancy rolls.   I lady serving so you must wait.  300 pesos.

The last task was shopping for fruit and vegetables.  It was crowded.  People using their elbows to get at the produce.  But Ken and I stuck to out guns and bought potatoes, carrots, asparagus, cucumbers, tomatoes, mangoes and onions.  Lots of everything.  Three ladies add up your produce and give you the number.  It was quick.  180 pesos.

Ken suggested we take a box to carry on his walker, which was an excellent idea.  We must use cash. No credit card.   My purse may run out of pesos so we must be careful with our expenditures.  The Farmers Market is a great success.   We are delighted it is right across the street.  Our goodies cost $45.  The first  thing I did when we got home was to sit down and eat one of those wonderful rolls. The Farmers Market is wonderful and was our walk for the day.  Ken and I were happy.

No comments: