Saturday, May 13, 2017

May 13, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Bathtub.

Bathing in our bathtub is an ordeal.   I refuse to get in because I am fearful of getting in and out.  Ken has taken several steps so he can enjoy his soak in the tub but it has not been easy.  In addition, two of us are required to be sure he does not slip.  The process is so difficult that it is funny.

The first time he used the tub he ran out of hot water so he turned up the temperature on the hot water heater.  Now I must be careful doing dishes because the water is scalding.  But today he could fill the tup and still did not run out of hot water so he was pleased.

He installed 2 hand grips on the side of the tub and he bought a sturdy stool with high hand rails that he uses to get into the tub.  Next he bought a chair that sits in the tub.  It lowers him into the tub and also reclines him.  Fancy and useful.  Now he has everything he needs to bathe, except he needs me beside him to be sure he does not slip.

Our tub is beautiful but ridiculous and impractical.   Two steps are required to get up to the tub.  Three sides are surrounded by lovely tiles.  The first time I saw the tub I said to Ken that I was never going to get into that ridiculous tub.  But I was wrong.  I got in once after we got the electric chair.  Ken felt sure I could get in and out easily but he was wrong.  I am never getting in again.  Ken loves to soak in this gigantic bathtub, even though it takes a big operation with both of us on duty.  To top it off, the switch for the jets is on the outer wall so I am required to turn it on and off.   Whoever designed this bathtub should be strung up.  We will not change it though.   The next owner can redo the whole bathroom.  We just laugh about it.  And Ken does enjoy his soak in the huge tub.

No comments: