Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 14, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Mothers Day.

Today seems almost as if it was Christmas.    Lots of friends and family sent me greetings on the internet e mail service and even folks giving me gifts.  I think people are more hospitable in the south.   I have enjoyed the attention and the goodies.  And a nice long conversation with son David was a treat too.  Our day has been pleasant.

This morning Ken and I together watched 30 minutes of Aerial America, which was on Tennessee, and 30 minutes of Mississippi Roads, all on TV.  First off, Ken cooked bacon and toast and cut up lots of strawberries.  Delicious breakfast and a wonderful way to start the day.

Christina and the girls, along with Linda, came for our Mothers Day lunch.  Christina and I decided to avoid the busy restaurants and stay home so Christina ordered chinese food and picked it up on the way.  After lunch we sat on the deck until they were forced to leave because the big girls had a choir practice art 4:00.  Our day was delightful, just as a Mothers Day is supposed to be.    

No comments: