Saturday, May 6, 2017

May 6, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Pedicures.

Having granddaughters is wonderful in many ways.  One of the nicest is having pedicures.  Yesterday Kate and I had one together.  She had finished her second year at Mississippi College so to celebrate, we went for a pedicure and went out for lunch.    Sometimes we all go together for a pedicure, so we look just like ducks in a row, all 5 of us in a line.   My toe nails needed cutting so Kate indulged me by picking me up and joining me for a pedicure.  Now we are both set for the summer with pretty toe nails.

For lunch we went to a wild wings sports bar, mainly because the parking was easy and convenient.  Kate is good company, lively and energetic with nary a complaint.  So I enjoyed my time with Kate.  She also looks after me getting in and out of the restaurant.   When I enter a dark restaurant after coming from bright sunshine my eyes are slow to accommodate to the change of the light so for several minutes, I am mostly blind.  I just take her arm and she guides me to our table.  I have many blessings in my life, not the least being my wonderful grandchildren.   Kate seems pleased to be going out with her elderly grandmother and for that I am grateful.  I had a good time celebrating with her and I hope she did too.  Gold star to Kate.

No comments: