Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25, 2017. Canyon Lake, Texas. Leftovers.

On Thursday I ate a delicious lunch at David and Suzanne's home.   Everyone left for work or school while Ken and I stayed at home and enjoyed ourselves and the house.  My instructions were to help ourselves for lunch, so I did.  I discovered a remarkable number of leftovers.  I ate the most eclectic lunch, comprised of cold mashed potatoes, guacamole, two types of olives  and cold chicken.  It was delicious.  Ken ate left over Italian food from the night before.  So we both enjoyed leftover food.

I know people who never eat leftovers.   I can't imagine why not.  I love them especially when I can root around the fridge opening every container and then put together a feast of cold food.  When I attended North Toronto Collegiate Institute,  I often walked home from schoolwith Fairie Halsey, the only daughter of Mj. and Mrs. Halsey, who were long time friends of my parents who were all Salvation Army officers.  They lived on Davisville Avenue, just a few blocks from us.  We always stopped to say hello because their containers were full of baked goodies.  Mrs. Halsey would always invite me to look in the fridge to see the goodies.  I discovered that I loved looking into other peoples refrigerators.  I also enjoyed her brownies or cookies or butter tarts. and sometimes left over chicken.  It was great fun.  Perhaps that started my pleasure , looking into other peoples fridge.

 I have never gotten over the pleasure, always looking for some treasure.  That mashed potatoe container was tucked right at the back of the fridge on a lower level, so I am sure that soon it would be put into the trash.  But I loved it.  What a find.

No comments: