Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 2, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Whoops.

Just when you have all your ducks in the row,  somethings interferes.  Elizabeth is our very good cleaning lady.  And she drives me when I have errands and Ken is not able to drive.  She is a fairly young lady, perhaps in her early 40's.  She has worked for us for 2 years and is by far the most compulsive cleaning person we have ever had.  But she has had a series of health incidents or accidents, none of her own doing, so we are patient.

Last Tuesday she fainted on her way to come here to work.  Turned out she was in the process of passing a kidney stone so after some time in the hospital her stone passed and she went home.  I was without a clean house.  Today she was coming but her arthritis flared up and she had swollen joints.  The doctor gave her stronger medicine and told her to rest so once again my home is not clean.  And both last week and today Ken took me on my errands..

Unfortunately, tomorrow I am hosting a  lunch for six ladies.  They will find a not pristine home.  Our life is complicated and it takes time to put all the puzzle pieces in place in order for us to function.  Here we are, one pieces of the puzzle has let us down, but no fault of her own.  I have always felt that the time you clean at a party is after, never before.  One hopes the guests are looking at you and not the crumbs on the floor.   Truth be told, this might be the least of our problems, so we will just proceed and hope she will be better next week.  If not, I must find someone else to get us clean.  Lourdes has offered!!

No comments: