Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Playoffs.

The first round of the hockey playoffs was exciting and interesting.   With 16 teams playing, every night there were several games so people like me could flip back and forth between games.  And there was always a late game from the west.  I loved the first round.   The second round was less enthralling and I am not sure why.  I would watch for a few minutes of a game then get up and do something else, before returning for the score.  I certainly am not able to sit through a whole period, let alone the game.

Now that they are with only 4 teams, I am even less interested.  Tonight, Pittsburgh is playing Ottawa, and I watched 2 sessions of Antique Roadshow on our television set on the lower level.  Soon I will watch the end of the game.  Perhaps I have watched too much hockey and perhaps the teams that I wanted to win have lost.  I was cheering for Edmonton because I love the speed of their game.  Ottawa hockey is effective but boring.  And I suspect that the Ducks will bash the Predators as they did for the Oilers.  Maybe that is why I am bored with the games.  I like goals and right now the score is 0 to 0.

My wish for the hockey league is to have a bigger rink so the players have room to skate.  And I want a bigger goal.  If I had a magic wand I would get rid of icing and off sides.  At the moment, Ottawa is doing such a good job of their defense that the skilled players can not strut their stuff and score.  But the game is boring, so I will not watch.  But the first round was a blast and I enjoyed the games thoroughly.

No comments: