Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 31, 2017. Harper, Texas. Appointments.

This morning I saw Dr. Flynn, the eye surgeon from San Antonio.  He and his crew come to Kerrville on Wednesdays so I saw him there.  When I first met him, I was on the cliff, very close to falling over and becoming blind but today, we both agreed that together we have made progress.  I can see 20/25 in each eye and my pressures are within normal range.  I need no eye drops.  Of course, I see nothing out either side of my eyes, but straight ahead I am close to perfect.  He is pleased.  Now I must see him in three months when we return.

Dr. Stotz, our long time neurologist in Fredericksburg, saw Ken today.    That appointment also went well.  Dr. S. thinks Ken is handling his situation just fine.  Ken was able to pass all the dexterity tests plus the memory tests too.  Except Ken could not remember whether it was May or June.  Ken was remembering that when he would make rounds and ask a patient for the date and day, he always had to ask a resident if the answer was correct because Ken never did know the day or date.  He did know it was Wednesday.  No need to change any medications for Ken.  His advice to Ken was to just keep on doing what you are doing.  And keep going.

So our appointments went well.  Of course, neither of us either look or feel perfectly well.  But we are walking and talking and doing everything we are able to do.  Tonight we will sleep in the Top House in our beautiful bedroom.  Getting here was an accomplishment.

No comments: