Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Getting Ready.

Today I spent the whole day in my robe, just puttering around.  I finished reading the book about the Civil War battles fought in Mississippi and I am well into the Home Front.   I cleared up my e mails and did laundry.  I have discovered that doing laundry is easier if I do it one basket at a time so I do one load every few days.  I ran the dishwasher and unloaded it.   Other than breakfast when Ken gets his own, I organize both lunch and dinner, which I did today.  And I showered, but I did not dress.  I just put on a different robe.

The most important part of the day was that I began preparations to leave.  As Ken and I use wheel chairs in the airports, I must keep small bills available in my pockets.  I had already gone to the bank and obtained lots of small bills, now I have them organized for my pocket with enough left over for the return journey.  The number of money we go through on a day of travel is always amazing.  But I am ready.  Also my clothes for travel are set out on the chair in the bedroom.  I have set aside the items to go to Nova Scotia.  Now the only thing I must do is to pack my carry on and backpack, but first I must decide what to bring.  I have 2 days to get ready.  Saturday we are entertaining friends and family on The Friendship, a big party boat that cruises around the Reservoir so I must be ready on Friday as we leave very early Sunday morning.   But I am well on the way to being ready which makes me happy.  I hate to be rushed.

No comments: