Friday, October 11, 2019

October 11, 2019. San Antonio, Texas. On the Road Again.

I have had a good time here in San Antonio with David and Suzanne and the twins. But now I am flying to Mississippi to see my Mississippi Family and my lovely home by the Reservoir. Flying anywhere these days is an adventure and I am sure today will be no exception. I fly to Houston, then after a few hours wait, I fly to Jackson. Next I will take Lyft back home. Even though the distance is short, the time elapses will be long so I will be weary upon arrival. But tomorrow my helper Kashina will be with me so I will be able to get organized. I am not sure why flying is so tiring. Gill and I had a lengthy discussion while driving to Halifax about the topic of flying today as opposed to thirty years ago. We agreed on several things: the planes are always full, security is always difficult and time consuming and the seats are closer together. In addition I realized that the seats are uncomfortable. Also people carry big bags on the plane so overhead bins are full. But flying is still the fastest way to get to the destination so though although the journey is not pleasant, we fly. So here I go and once again try to have a good excursion. But I will miss my Texas Family.

No comments: