Sunday, October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Playoffs.

The game ended in the most dramatic way possible. People tell me think baseball is boring. They should have been watching the 6th game of the ALC championship between the Yankees and the Astros. The game ended with the Astros won the series so the Yankees will now go home. I must admit that I switch channels to also watch the Texas football game. I am terrible with my clicker. I never watch a commercial. Often I am keeping track of several channels. For instance, I also watched the last day of the Gymnastic World championship. But I always came back to the baseball game because it was exciting. The Yankees tied the game at 4 all, in the top of the 9th. The Astros had been ahead the whole game. Then the smallest player in the game hit a home run, thus winning the game and the championship for Houston. If I had been a betting person, I would have bet on the Dodgers and the Yankees to be in the World Series. Fortunately I do not bet because on Tuesday the Washington Nationals will play the Houston Astros. I was stunned when the Dodgers lost, but not surprised that the Astros won. I watched more parts of Yankees games when I was in Nova Scotia and could see they were a great team. But some how or another, they lost their edge during the games with Houston. 4 errors in one game means the team should not win. Now we have a hungry team, the Nationals, who are in the World Series for the first time, and the Astros, who are also hungry to become a dynasty. Both teams play good baseball so watch for a good series. Just don't tell me that the games were boring.

No comments: