Thursday, October 17, 2019

October 17, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Heat.

The weather in Nova Scotia this summer was the best we have ever experienced. Only twice did I put on the propane stove in the living room. The regular heat was never turned on. Perfect weather. Mississippi temperatures have been high in August and September. The Spring was wet and chilly and June and July hovered around 80, which for Mississippi is cool. The week before I arrived, the temperatures were in the mid 90's. Everyone was longing for cool weather and they got it. Since I arrived, the temperatures have not gotten higher than 70 so I needed neither air conditioning or heat, which I like. Last night, the temperature was 49 so the house was chilly but I was going out so did nothing, assuming that the temperature would go up. But it didn't. All day it has been in the 40's. I came home from my eye appointment to find a chilly home so I put on a fleece vest. After reading e mails and taking a nap, I was cold, so did what any normal person would do which was turn on the heat. Now I am warm. I did wonder how long I would stay cold. Ken would have switched on the heat the moment he was chilly but for some reason or other I had to talk myself into turning on the heat. I felt like my legs were having chill blains, what ever they are. Tomorrow will be warmer so the heat will not turn on. Next time I will not allow myself to get so cold. After all, that is why we have heat.

No comments: