Saturday, October 19, 2019

October 19, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Movies.

In Nova Scotia, I attended three movies. And I enjoyed them all. My friends Karen and Gill picked me up ands brought me home and helped me navigate getting in and out. Dark is difficult for me but I did fine with their help. I decided that I could attend afternoon movies in Jackson. Kashina can look after me. She thought it was a good idea too. This week we looked up movies and found one we wanted to see in Madison. We went today, to the 12:20 show. There may have been 20 people in the theater. My problem is that for the past thirty years Ken and I have paid little attention to the movies. We just did not go. Once upon a time we did but for some reason, we stopped going. We were listening to folks reviewing a movie and commented that that particular movie would not appeal to anyone over 55. But they said that it would not matter because people over 50 do not go to movies. Ken and I looked at each other puzzled. We were in our 60's and had not realized we were not going to the movie3s. Now if I am going to attend the theaters I must read up on what is good and what is not. The only movie that was at all appealing to both of us today was Downton Abbey. My Texas family enjoyed it which was why David wanted to watch the series so he could catch up with the people. We enjoyed the movie although it was long for me. Next we ate lunch at Saxby's, a new restaurant for me. I was thinking that I could go to the movies by myself but have decided against it. The interior of the multiplex theater was too dark. I could never have found the correct movie. But I enjoyed the afternoon. Now I must find some good movies.

No comments: