Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 27, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Cook.

Saturday morning was an important day. My fridge was totally empty. Then Dreisys the cook appeared. Now that she has a baby, she cooks at home and brings me food already cooked and in containers. She brought me lasagna, enough for four meals. In addition she brought a pot of chicken and vegetable soup, a container of meal holding three large pieces of meal, cooked seasoned rice, and a tupper wear full of cooked vegetable. This week I will eat like a queen. I just dish out the quantity I want, put the food in the microwave and eat it. This system is perfect for me. The idea was accidental. Shortly after we moved into our house, I was opening a can of soup for Ken's lunch. Our handyman was walking through the kitchen. I casually asked Chantes if his wife was a good cook. He answered in the affirmative so I asked him to ask his wife if she would cook for us. I thought it was a joke but he asked his wife Lourdes and she was delighted to cook for us. She cooked in our kitchen after stopping at the grocery store. She was from Cuba so she cooked Cuban food: lots of beans, rice, lentils, vegetables and a bit of meat. The food was good and tasty but Ken and I laughed that if we lived here all the time we would need to expand her repertoire. But a wonderful thing happened. Lourdes moved to Miami and gave us Dreisys, who turns out to be a much better cook. Her food is excellent. The system is the sAme. She shops for the groceries, cooks enough for me for the week and I pay her for her hours. I am indeed fortunate. Dreisys actually works in a restaurant in the afternoons and evening. She likes cooking and she likes extra money. And I enjoy her food. The system is perfect for me but it all started casually. I just got lucky.

No comments: