Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October 22, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Nova Scotia/Mississippi.

In many ways, for me, living in Nova Scotia and Mississippi is similar. Most people are polite and friendly in stores. No one pushes in line and elbows you for position. No cars can be heard honking or cutting you off. Since I have been here, the temperatures have been similar. The grocery stores are excellent in both places. And the working people are available and efficient with their work. The traffic in both places is light. Even during rush hour, Mississippi has no real traffic jams. But there are differences. I overlook a large reservoir in Madison, which is lovely. Except in Nova Scotia the Atlantic Ocean is always different. Sometimes here the water is rough but not often. No once comes to my door. In Nova Scotia my friends walk over for a visit which I like. Mary MacD. drives out to bring me soup, totally unannounced. Here I can keep my robe on all day if I wish because I know that no one will come to my door. Even the delivery from Amazon just drops the box at the front door, so I see no one through the day, unless I have scheduled a date for lunch or coffee. My cable TV here is better. If I need to watch something on TV I can always find something to watch. I seem to have to work harder to avoid getting lonely here in Mississippi. My life in both places is pleasant and beautiful and I am grateful. But there are differences. I am actually surprised that so much of living in both places is similar. After all, they are a long way apart and are different in size and culture. Fortunately, both places are fine places to live. Ken and I chose well.

No comments: