Thursday, October 24, 2019

October 24, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Sheets.

Today is a red letter day. My bed was made with flannel sheets. In Nova Scotia, we have always used flannel sheets because the evenings are always chilly. And in Maryland and Texas I only used flannel sheets in the winter. I checked the forecast. No more hot weather coming our way so I decided to switch sheets. I can now be cosy at night. Also, I like these sheets. The flannel is of high quality and there are snow men on the pillows. They make me smile. These are the same sheets that I used at the farm. I actually mailed the sheets from the farm to Mississippi. Ken thought I was nuts. But now I am pleased that I kept them. It pleases me to sleep with those old sheets. When I was a kid living at home I always loved getting into bed when the sheets had just been made. I liked the crisp sheets. And I loved the smell. Of course, my Mother hung the sheets out to dry so the sheets always smelled wonderful. Once I asked my Mother to tell me when she had changed the sheets so I could get in bed earlier in the evening. I clearly had a thing about fresh sheets. And I still do. Tonight will be the first night of the year when I will sleep with flannels sheets. The is indeed a Red Letter Day.

No comments: