Wednesday, October 23, 2019

October 23, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. A New Restaurant.

I like Greek food. My friend Greta Barbour knows it. Last week, she and a friend found a new restaurant in Ridgeland. They had lunch and ordered their sample plate which she said was delicious. The restaurant was new three years ago but it is new to us. Yiayia's Greek Kitchen is the name of the place and is run by a couple who appear to be in their 60's. The husband is the cook. He came out to meet us twice while we were there, both times to be sure we were enjoying his cooking. The restaurant is on Highway 51, which is not a fancy part of town but the place is clean and plain. And Greta Barbour was right. Their food was good. I had to go to the bank so Kashina and I headed out after all the chores were finished at home. Then we looked up the new restaurant. When we arrived, four tables were full. Kashina had never eaten Greek food but we decided to eat anyway. I felt sure that something on the menu would suit her. Kashina is not an adventurous eater. In fact she has a limited number of dishes she will eat so I have learned to ignore her selection of restaurants. I keep hoping she will start to try different foods. So far, it has not happened. I ordered humus for an appetizer. Their humus was different but I liked it. The hot bread was delicious. I ordered spanakopita. It was so big I have are in my fridge here at home. Kashina ordered shrimp on a stick. And French fries. We each ate a full serving of Baklava, which was exceptionally good. It was not too sweet, because they give you a container of homey to serve as you eat each bite. I was delighted to find another good restaurant close to home. I hope they stay in business.

No comments: