Thursday, October 3, 2019

October 3, 2019. San Antonio, Texas. Flowers.

This lovely home has flowers everywhere. Suzanne celebrated her 50th birthday on Sunday and several family members sent her flowers. On the coffee table in the living room where I read is a beautiful arrangement of roses whose vase is layered with different colors of sand. It is charming. In the center of the round kitchen table is another large arrangement of fall colored flowers. Ant the buffet in the entrance hall holds two flower arrangements. In addition, David brings fresh cut flowers from his garden so where I sit in the living room I can enjoy two vases full of flowers from the garden. One is on the bar and one on an end table and both are lovely. When I enter the kitchen I find two more small vases full of flowers from David's cutting garden. The piano in the dining room holds two vases full of flowers. In fact, every where I look as I walk around the house I see flowers. I like to see them. David is pleased with his cutting garden so he is turning over two new areas for more flowers for cutting. Our housekeeper, Elvia, who was born and raised in Columbia, lived on a plantation in the country. Her family kept a plot of land for flowers to be cut for the house. She and her sisters had the task to cut and arrange the flowers for their big house. One day she was rearranging flowers that been sent to me. I was impressed so she told me how she gained the expertise. From then on I tried to bring flowers for her to make our home beautiful. She enjoyed doing it but more importantly, it reminded her of happier times. At some point, the government took all the family land and they were forced to move to the city. Time passes and now I am enjoying all the beautiful flowers I see everywhere around the home. They please me.

No comments: