Saturday, October 26, 2019

October 26, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Water.

I know we are supposed to drink water all day. When you are working, things are easy. Every day on my desk would be a glass of water and a carafe full of water. And behind my desk there was always another carafe full of water. By the end of the day, my consumption of water was adequate thanks to Regina. But when I retired, my days were not structured so I often did not drink enough water. My solution was to keep a full glass of water beside everywhere I normally sit. The only problem is, no Regina to fill my glass. Here in Mississippi, I have three favorite chairs. One in the corner by the window where I read and eat breakfast. Another is in the TV room and the last is the end of the couch where I read e mails and write notes. We moved here with four beer steins so by each spot where I sit, Kashina fills a stein of water at the beginning of her day. I like having the water by my side but I especially enjoy looking at the beer steins. One is from Ontario, Blue Mountain Pottery. I have no idea where I got it but I like it because it reminds me of Ontario where I lived many years. Another stein I purchased in Pennsylvania just outside Hershey. I was attending a real estate meeting and stopped at an antique store. This stein is not old but was made with the glaze of the first pottery made in Pennsylvania. It is brown with black markings. One stein is ordinary glass with bevelled edges. And it is big. The last is from the Carolinas and is blue with markings. Again it is made in the style of years ago. One stays on the shelf but the other three are on duty. If I drink the three steins of water, I know I have had enough water for the day. My system only works when Kashina is at work. The rest of the times I fill the containers when they are empty. Now if I can get used to changing the water every morning I would be happy. But do not hold your breath.

No comments: