Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 10, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Lannie.

Lannie and his two workers came and fixed up my yard this morning. After two major storms my drive, walkway and yard were littered with clumps a fresh green leaves and branches. When they left, the yard looked great. He trimmed the hedges as well as cleaned up the mess. I appreciated his work. Lannie is one of those folks who allow me to live in my home. I could never have cleaned up the yard by myself. When we moved into this home in the Spring of 2015, Ken and I knew we needed help with the yard. Ken already was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease so his time for managing the yard was over so we did what we always do which was ask Katy for a recommendation. Her company works only in Jackson but recommended his friend Lannie from college. We met with him and agreed on a price. Ken wanted to pay him the same amount every month so when the maintenance was low, Lannie could install what ever project Ken had in mind. Both Ken and I liked Lannie so all was well. After a few months, Lannie came to Ken and said that his time at the house was less than he thought so he reduced the monthly fee. So Ken changed the automatic payment....and said thank you. So we knew Lannie was an unusual fellow. When Lannie was in high school and college, he worked in the summers as a helper with a yard maintenance company. After he graduated college, he opened his own business, doing landscaping and yard maintenance. Every time Lannie was here, Ken talked with him and had him complete several projects. Ken had him put down paving stones along the garage and around the fountain in front. And Ken had plans for the installation of more flowering scrubs. But that was not done. Now Lannie knows what Ken wants the place to look like. So I am happy. And I am grateful for Lannie and his workers. They look after me.

No comments: