Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Summer, 2020.

Our summers in Nova Scotia have always been filled with friends and family. But this year will be different. The border is still closed so even folks who own homes in Nova Scotia will be unable to return to the homes. Gill as she is a Canadian is already there but both the Elys and Mitchells so far have no plans to drive north. They are hoping the border will be open, but so far, no luck. Also, if your cross to Nova Scotia from another province or state, you are required to quarantine for 14 days, so anyone intending to visit for a week will be unable to do anything except sit on the deck and look at the ocean. Unless things change, I am expecting no company this summer. Life will be interesting and different. My caterer from last year was unable to cook for me this summer. I have done nothing about finding another cook. Normally I only use the caterer when I have company, so if I have no company I need no caterer. Problem solved. Up until the virus lockdown, my calendar looked full. Christina and the girls were coming the first week of July, along with Greta Barbour and Virginia. Friends Eleanor and Sarah were staying for two weeks in the Guest House in July. Pat and Mal were coming as were Dave and Irene, in August. I can not imagine they would want to quarantine themselves for 14 day after they arrive. Rita and Ian were intending to come in September. Suzanne R. was intending to visit at the end of July but she can not come either. She has a passport issue. She still travels on a British passport and since the virus, the officials are not issuing any passports which I think is interesting. October 7 is her drop dead date. It does not really matter because at the moment she can not get into Canada. My helper from last summer will work for me this summer, two days a month. Even if I am quarantined for 14 days when I arrive, Anna will begin helping me on June 30 but will work in the garage or outside. This summer will definitely be different but I bet I enjoy myself, no matter what.

No comments: