Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 17, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Live Golf.

Finally, while the game is actually happening in real time, a golf tournament was played last week. Every day I watched part of the play. I was fed up watching matches that played long ago. The first couple of weeks I watched old hockey games and track and field and gymnastic events. But I stopped and decided I would wait till the real thing appeared. And at long last, what took them so long. Where are the other leagues? How come no tennis? And I have yet to hear about hockey? Play the games!! The quality of the golf was high. The players have clearly been working on their game. I expected rust but saw none. 14 of the top 20 golfers in the world made the cut to play on the weekend and they put on a show. The players had not played a tournament in three months so they were playing with no injuries. Many players had the same low scores. It was great fun to watch. Some players who were playing badly before the break did well in this tournament. Jordon Spieth was competitive right until the last few holes. Rose who was playing poorly before the break played very well too. But one of the most amazing players had gained 40 pounds and worked out three times day to add muscle so he could hit the ball faster and longer. You could barely recognize him. But he played well. A couple of homes who overlooked the golf course put up small stands in their backyards. You could hear the cheers from the distance. This week, a tournament will be played in Hilton Head in a course that has homes all up and down every hole. I bet we will see lots of fans watching from their yards. That will be fun. I enjoyed watching when I did not know who was going to win. I loved the live golf. And I am awaiting more competition in other sports. Now I ask, what are the other leagues waiting for? The fans are ready.

No comments: