Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 30, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia.

I made it. All the lights were on welcoming me home. But I was very late. I knew I would be late but with the time change I thought I would be fine. Every flight was on time. And I arrived on time in Halifax at 11:15 as planned. But when Mr. Gaskell turned on 103, a noise was coming from his car. As soon as we had light, he checked the wheels but the clicking sound could still be heard. So we drove home slowly in the pitch dark and the rain wondering if the van would blow up at some point of the journey. And we made it home although we arrived at 3:00. I am pleased to be here and I did fine on the journey. Now I am going to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

VJ said...

Mrs. Dickie,

I do not understand how you were able to cross the border? The border is closed to non essential travelers. I don't understand why you think you are an exception to that rule. You are not a permanent resident of Canada. Makes me think you were not truthful when you entered the country. You are needlessly and selfishly exposing people in this community, especially those who have to enter your home to assist you. It is clear from your posts that you have taken no precautions in Mississippi. Coming to Liverpool under these circumstances shows a total lack of respect for your neighbors and this NS community. I hosted you in my home last year for lunch during a power outage. This courtesy will not be repeated.

I truly hope you have enough common courtesy to follow OUR rules.....self isolation (which means TOTAL isolation) for two weeks and a mask when you do come out of isolation. It's the least you can do given you're not even supposed to be in NS.

Valerie Jewkes

John Winters said...

Good for you Valerie,
The rules are clear. The border was closed to people from the USA except when it is essential travel. There is nothing essential about this person coming to Canada and putting permanent residents at risk.

If she entered under false pretenses her actions are even more unacceptable.

When we returned from Mexico on March 26th Mr Gaskell would not drive us from the airport to our home for fear of Covid-19. This was before the border was closed. What did this person say that caused him to change his personal rules? What did she say to get through the border? This is all particularly egregious as she came from a southern state where Covid is spreading like wildfire.

John Winters

Unknown said...

100% agree. We already have one case and 5 in PEI from one traveller from the US. Premier MacNeil and Dr. Strang have worked hard to keep our numbers low in Nova Scotia - what happened that this person was permitted to come here at this time? Or was the truth not revealed? I am very disappointed. Loretta Cook