Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Scans and Plans.

My scan today is unchanged from two months ago. Dr. Sheehan is pleased and I am too. The first time I took Ibrance it took 13 months before the cancer had left the bones so I expect it will take as much time now. "I am happy if the cancer has not spread to any bones," said the Oncologist. I am on the road to recovery. My next scan will be the week when I return from Texas, which is October 11. No scans until then. Whew. This morning they had trouble finding my veins to put the medication into my veins for the scan. Took three tries which is no fun. My observation is that the older I get the more difficult it is to find my veins. Our plan when I am away is to just continue to take Ibrance and letrozole. Today three months of Ibrance were delivered to my home and the three bottles are in my case. And I am not doing any blood work when in Nova Scotia. The first year I took Ibrance was when it was new so the Texas Oncologist wanted blood work done every three week, with the results faxed to him. That was 2015. The next time was 2018 and we did blood work twice in the season. This summer, none. By now we have a history of what happens to my body with Ibrance so Dr. Sheehan and I decided to trust my history. If I feel ill, the plan is to call her and see the GP in Liverpool. My plan is also to try to stay away from Infection. Nova Scotia will be a great place for me to stay safe. They have almost no virus in Queen's County, and the population is small. The theater is closed at the moment so no concerts or movies. People are still staying away from each other. My plan is to enjoy myself and to stay healthy which sounds good to me. The only thing I need are my three months supply of my regular medications, which I will get on Friday. Then I will be ready to roll, which I will do on Monday. Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: