Friday, June 26, 2020

June 26, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My Full Day.

My busy day began drinking coffee and eating fresh coffee cake sitting in the lovely home of friend Carrie. The kitchen is perfect and includes a couch and chair. I have decided that every kitchen needs a comfortable couch and chair. As we were chatting about our respective days, I said that the only required item on my list was to get prescriptions at the pharmacy. I was intending to use Lyft. Carrie kindly offered to pick them up but I do not trust Walgreens so after discussion, we decided that I would accompany Carrie on her errands and we would stop for the medications. So we headed out. Carrie and Brooks were having dinner guests tonight and also hosting a birthday party for their granddaughter who turns 16 on Sunday. So Carrie needed to visit several places, none of which I knew so I was pleased to discover new places. Also Carrie is good company so I was happy to accompany her on her errands. Who knew that there are two trailers selling fresh seafood? The trailers are open three days a week and are parked in obscure parking lots. Duggins is the name of the place. I bought three big scallops for dinner tomorrow. When we were finished her chores, we ate lunch at a restaurant new to me: a Greek seafood place. I ate fish but the next time I will eat Greek food. Of course I did not write down the name of the restaurant. It took us two visits at Walgreens and we still did not get the medications so we gave up and went home. By then it was 3:00. We had fun. Carrie offered to return to the pharmacy but when Walgreens called, I took Lyft. My driver and I drover through the pick up area and I was home in ten minutes. Now I am set for my trip. But the most exciting part of the day was when my brother called to say that my grandniece, his granddaughter, had had a baby boy. Both Rachel and the baby are doing well. The Buckley clan is growing. My day was complete.

No comments: