Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Gillian.

A few weeks ago, Walt mentioned that a board was missing from the deck plus many screws were popping. I called George but nothing happened. This week, Gillian walked around the Nova Scotia home. And she reported back to me. What she told me was the same as Walt had said. One board was missing from the deck and many spots on the deck wiggle and have screws popping out. Several areas on the deck have roses poking through so need to be trimmed. The bottom line is that I need a handyman, according to Gill. She is a good friend and tells me the real goods. In the past, Ken was the handyman. Mal helped out too. But now I must find someone to help on a regular basis. So I am thinking. I am always amazed that Gill and I are such good friends. We disagree on almost everything.. Name a topic and we disagree. Gill was born and raised in England and she loves the British Royal Family. Ken and I hate status based on birth. Politically she is far to the left while Ken was a Libertarian and I very conservative. You name it and we disagree. But on many things we agree. Family and children are important to both of us. Womem's rights are important to both of us along with the economic responsibilities of women. And we believe in personal responsibilities for our actions. And we both love projects. One interesting fact is that all seven of my grandchildren love Gill. She has always treated them kindly and with love. And she went out of her way to take them by themselves on excursions in the area. The rest of our disagreements fade away most of the time. Gill loves the granddaughters and has always loved Ken and me. Even though we disagree, we are good friends and can be honest with each other. Now she has told me to find a handyman so that is what I will do...maybe. Only a good friend would tell you that fact and I appreciate having Gill in my life.

No comments: