Tuesday, June 23, 2020

June 23, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My Social Life.

Believe it or not, I have a social life. For several weeks, I only saw Christina and the girls every Sunday for brunch. They picked up food and brought the food to my house. And Kashina came three morning a week so I had company. The television was also my companion so I did well during the lockdown. But now my life has improved. Lunch is my time to shine. It seems like ages but the restaurants opened for business just three weeks ago. I have good use of the new system. With a low immune system in the past, we always tried to sit away from everyone but now that the restaurants have separated the table it is perfect for me. I do not even need to ask to sit a long way away from people. The restaurants are set for me. My first luncheon guest was Cheryl. I have great admiration for her because she is the mother of seven and she always looks marvelous. And I enjoy her company. Next I had lunch with my new friends from down the street, Carrie. She works for a bank from home and I always enjoy talking with her. This Friday I am going to her house for coffee. And I had lunch with Donna, my neighbor across the street. She does many kind deeds for me so I was happy to take her out for lunch. They bought the lot at the end of our street so we were working through what they indend to build. They will do the same as our house with guest bedrooms on the lower lever down the hill. And their bedroom will be on the main level. I also drank coffee at home with Greta Barbour and lunch with Eleanor. And on Thursday Christina, GB and Eleanor will celebrate my departure for Nova Scotia over lunch at Amerigo. So my life has been busy. But my social life ends mid afternoon. At night, I am always at home, by myself. But I have no complaints. Sunday morning Kate was able to join us for brunch and we had a festive time together at Manships, perhaps the best restaurant in Jackson. We had fun. I even need to keep track of my appointments on my calendar. Pretty nice for an old lady.

No comments: