Tuesday, June 2, 2020

June2, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Chantes.

Sunday evening, while watching TV while eating dinner, the light in the room burned out. So I did what I always to when something is the matter in the house. I called Chantes. Monday morning he called and at 6:00, he rang my doorbell and came into the house. He did what he always does, which is solve the problem. He installed the light fixture and told me that the bulb should work for five years but on Sunday night the light quit working. He thought he had bought extra bulbs but he could not find any in the pantry so he went to Lowes to get new bulbs. And he fixed the problem. My TV room now has good light. Next we talked sitting in the living room. He was born and raised in Cuba and he has a masters degree in mechanical engineering. So he is a smart fellow. His two boys work with him in his business and he is busy. I have been urging him to buy his own home. He has always rented. He was not raised thinking real estate so he is nervous. I put him in touch with my realtor friend Susan and she has found him affordable homes but by the time he looks at the houses they are sold. And he has not yet seen a lender. He did have his son Milo visit his bank and he is qualified to buy a house. I hoped I was able to understand the urgency. He wants a low priced house that he can fix up. Of course, lots of other folks want the same house so if a suitable house comes up, he needs to be quick to make an offer. Then Chantes asked me about my health. I had not told him that I was back on chemotherapy. He thinks I need someone to stay with me to look after me and to serve me healthy food. I just laughed. He believes in homeopathic medicine so he wanted me to drink lemons in a proscribed way to increase my immune system. I assured him that I would buy lemons but I did not put them on my list at the grocery store that I will pick up tomorrow. As I told Chantes yesterday, "I do not know what I would do without him." He comes immediately to help. I feel fortunate. "

No comments: