Saturday, June 13, 2020

June 13, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Magnolia Trees.

The first time Ken and I drove to Mississippi from the farm we drove south, then west on Interstate 20. Magnolia trees had been planted on both sides of the highway in addition in the center median strip. The trees were in blossom and the trees were beautiful. Our welcome to Mississippi was glorious. For the past few weeks, the magnolia trees here have been in bloom. And they are beautiful. Everywhere I look I see more magnolia trees in bloom. The last time Kashina and I were out I told her about the huge magnolia tree we had in the center of our backyard in Maryland. "I miss that tree," I said. Kashina reminded me that we had a magnolia tree in our yard. After she left, I looked for the tree but could not find such a tree. I looked everywhere, front and back but no magnolia tree could I find. Last year, we took down a perfectly good shag bark hickory tree. It was huge and shaded the house but was too close to the houses. Our neighbors were afraid of the huge tree so close to both homes, so we took it down. Right beside the window in the breakfast room is a small tree. I use the computer beside the window. Since the huge tree is now gone, the small tree has been growing and now blooming. And this week a magnolia blossom appeared, because now the tree and blossoms get sun. In addition, at least six buds are just about to bloom. So now I have found my magnolia tree which is in full bloom. This comes under the category of everything that happens will benefit something or someone. The magnolia tree was too small to see that it was a magnolia tree. And it wasn't until we took the beautiful tree down that the little tree grew and blossomed because the little tree was no longer in shade.. And best of all, it has many blossoms. Something good comes from everything. But sometimes it takes awhile to discover what has happened. Now I have my own blossoming magnolia tree in Mississippi. I am becoming a native.

No comments: