Monday, June 15, 2020

June 15, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. TV.

When I returned from Mexico, the television set downstairs did not work properly. The set turned on but the remote control gadget would not change the channels, which for me means the TV is useless. I go down to use my weights and I use TV to keep me amused. Kashina changed the batteries to no avail. And when I took the remote upstairs, it worked perfectly so I assumed it was a problem with the AT&T box. Three times I tried to get in touch with the company but was put on hold so long I hung up. And as I do not actually need to turn on that TV set, I ignored it. But then my own remote gadget started to have trouble so I brought the downstairs unit up and I used it just fine. But only for two days. I would be hard pressed to live without my TV so I was anxious. I did not wish to be put on hold so I called the accounts department of AT&T and she got me directly to the technical department who made an appointment to come and check my systems the next day. The one clicker that had been working would only working part time. But when I turned on the TV at lunch the system worked perfectly. But the tech was on the way. The technician, Lennie, came at 3:00. I told him my tale of woe. I had both clickers beside me so he went downstairs with one of the gadgets. He came back up in ten minutes and told me that all was well. In fact he told me that it had been working when he arrived. And he checked my system and all was well also. He left me another remote just in case. And he gave me his cell phone so I can call him direct if I have any problem with the television sets. So now I have two systems in perfect order and I have my own TV technician who will come and fix my problems. There was no charge. I was happy but I swear that TV downstairs did not work with the clicker. Crazy world.

No comments: