Friday, September 30, 2022

September 30, 20222. Western Head, Nova Scotia. On The Road Again.

The house will be put away as tight as a drum, awaiting my return in June.  Jackie and I are doing the last minute tasks this morning.  At 1:30, Mr. G. will drive me to the airport hotel where I will spend the night.  Tomorrow at 9:30 I fly on a direct flight to Vancouver.  Air Canada just instituted the direct flight from Halifax to Vancouver this Spring so I will be interested to see how many people will be on the flight.  Because of the time change, I arrive at 12:30 and check into the Fairmount Hotel.  This evening I will meet my friends who will be on the train.

We will be a happy group of five.  Butch, my friend of long standing from the world of real-estate is coming along with his brother Larry and wife Lynn and their daughter Margo.  So we have three able bodied folks to help me and Butch getting on and off the train cars.  And we will have a happy time, I feel sure.

Vancouver is a beautiful city, the city where I grew up.  On Sunday, I will have lunch with Kenny and Anne, along with their two children Elise and Eric, plus Anne's brother, who lives in Montreal.  He lives an independent life, even though he is blind.  I look forward to meeting him.  And on the 3rd, we board the Rocky mountain journey and then across the prairies.  So  here I go again, saying goodbye to this beautiful place for other beautiful places such as Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper.  I am once again, on the road.  

No comments: