Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March 15, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Showering.

 Showering in Mexico was a bit difficult.  Bars to hold on to were few  so old ladies like me struggled.  But we managed, one way or another.  As there was nothing to hold on to, I was required to use a chair in the shower.  Fortunately, the plastic chairs fit in the showers.  Also there were no hand held wands for the water.  Once or twice, Wendy got wet while helping me but by we did better as time went on.  When Wendy went home, Anna helped me.  So all was well.  But showering was not easy.

Showering at home here in Mississippi was a delight.  My shower has four grab bars in the shower plus one bar outside the shower to hold while getting in.  This morning I showered.  I was able to stand the whole time for the shower, always holder one bar or another.  From mid December I was forced to sit in the shower so I wondered how I would manage.  But I had no trouble.  My legs are stronger now and I have more energy, which is a good thing.  Standing for my shower is a good sign of better health.

Returning to Mississippi is always a pleasure.  This is true for anyone returning home.  There are many reasons that please me when coming to my home on Roses Bluff Drive.  But perhaps taking a shower here pleases me the most.

No comments: