Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 28, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Windshield.

 Before  I left for Mexico,  a rock hit my windshield and made a dint.  I knew that sooner or later, that hole would develop into a crack.  Sure enough, Christina reported a small crack in the front windshield.  Christina looks after my car when I am out of town and she drives in once a week to be sure that it is running well.  As the crack was small, she felt comfortable driving it.  But she reported to me that the windshield would need to be changed upon my return.

Last summer, when I was in Nova Scotia with the car with Christina, the back windshield shattered.  The back window was replaced, with the company doing the work in Christinas garage. So all was well, until now.

I was wishing we had not purchased a Subaru with all the safety features in the car, because in order to replace the windshield, they must also recalibrated all the cameras in the windshield, which must be done in their shop.  This takes 2 or 3 hours.  Portia offered to take and car and wait but that did not seem fair, so we ended up driving to Pearl for our 9:00 appointment and waiting together.  While we were there, we worked on my Christmas cards.  Portia wrote the envelopes while I read the names and addresses from my list.  Every hour, we walked outside for exercise.

On the way home, we stopped to bring lunch home.  We had fun while we were waiting and we got some exercise.  And we finished lunch in time for Portia to leave at 1:00.  So all was well.  And I no longer have a crack in my windshield. 

No comments: