Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 21, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Good News.

The wound on my foot has totally healed.  It is now covered with new skin.  I have no open wound on my foot.  The Doctor at the Wound Clinic at the University of Mississippi was pleased.  He used an ultra sound.  And he used a probe.  And he used a very bright light on the wound.  He reported that the new skin is covering the wound.  This is great news.

When I fell in early July in Nova Scotia., a chunk of flesh was ripped from my foot.   At the hospital ER, no one even looked at it because it was not bleeding.  But two days later, the wound hurt.  And the area around the wound got bright red and pink.  It looked terrible.  We tried to get a doctor to look at my foot but I would have had to wait 8 hours.  So I called nephew Norm and sent him a picture.  He decided it was not infected so he suggested we soak it and use polysporen three times a day.  Bit by bit the red decreased in intensity.  

When I returned to Mississippi, I had an X-ray of the foot, which showed no infection.  But I still had an open wound and my foot hurt when walking.  In December when in the hospital to control my glucose, the wound  doctor came and checked it and prescribed a medication over the wound, then cover with a bandage.  And change the bandage every other day.  But by bit, skin was growing.  Now after 8 months, my wound has healed.

Now I must keep the new skin protected with a bandage for several weeks.  And I can begin walking, but very slowly increasing the distance.  In Mexico, every time I increased my walking distance the area around the wound got pink.  The wound doctor told me to watch for the pink and cut back my walking if the pink appears.  But the news is good.  My wound has healed.  Whew.

No comments: