Monday, March 27, 2023

March 27, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Cards, 2022.

By now, all my relatives and friends know that they missed receiving a Christmas card from me.  Many years ago when I was very busy, I often sent cards out in January.  But I have never just did not send them out.  But there was a series or errors with the card which meant that Christina could not order the cards.  And then my energy level went down and down.  And so I had no cards and I had no time.  

Now I am sending out a New Years card in April.  I asked Portia to help.  I asked her to put the return address labels on the envelope.  But in addition, to be helpful, she also stuffed the envelope with the card.  Now I write a note in every card so this was a problem/  But I was admonished to send the cards out without a note, which is what everyone else does with a picture Christmas card.  So now Portia has sealed the cards.  And she is writing the addresses on the envelopes.  With me telling her names and addresses and Portia writing the addresses we are making good time, and I am hoping the New Years cards will be mailed this week.  

I must say that it is just about time I sent out my Christmas cards.  New Years in April sounds pretty good.

No comments: