Thursday, March 2, 2023

March 2, 2023. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Lost Friends.

After breakfast yesterday, Sara Lou and I stayed chatting on the balcony.  The day was glorious.  The balcony during the day is perfect with the temperature not too hot and not too cool so we were enjoying ourselves.  Both Sara Lou and I have done a good job of keeping in touch with friends but we started talking about those folks who we have lost and who we never hear from so Sara Lou looked up a few people in her phone.

One person who we found was Adrea Brier.  Many folks we looked up had no phone numbers but we looked up Adrea's web site and found a phone number, which we called.  I have not spoken to Adrea for 20 years but I called her and she told me that she would call me in an hour, which she did.  She even recognized my voice.  So we had a long talk.  And we had fun.  She asked me about Gary D. and I told her that I had not spoken to either Gary or Diana for over a year.  So I called them and chatted with Diana.

At that point, we were weary of talking to people but we did look up more names.  We discovered that Glen B. lives in Florida on Marco Island with his wife Jane.  Sara Lou and I had a great time thinking of our lost friends although we both agreed that these folks were never really good friends or they would have kept in touch.  But at the time, they seemed to be friends.    Lost but not forgotten.  We had fun. 

No comments: