Friday, March 24, 2023

March 24, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Storms in Mississippi.

 I received a text this afternoon from the power company.  I was told that severe weather was coming soon late in the afternoon.  I was told to get prepared for the electricity to go out.  Next the wind started to blow.  The leaves were shanking and there was not a bird to be heard.   But I went about my business and ignored the storm, except I checked for the lanterns.

When I was eating my supper, I was watching a NCAA basketball game.  Right in the middle of the game, the station took over with weather alerts.  A tornado had the potential to come to the area so the weather folks were admonishing everyone east of Jackson to seek their safe place.  And definitely stay indoors in a sturdy structure.  After a while, the station switched back to the game so all was well.  Houston lost the game even though they were a top seed.

I switched to the hockey channel  until the basketball game came back on.  Texas was playing this evening.  But just a few minutes into the game the storm alert came back to take over the station.  A tornado had touched down and a debris dust was swirling which caused damage to homes and people.  Unfortunately, the weather alert stayed all through the first half so I missed half of the game.  The game is now back on the TV so I hope to watch Texas play the second half.  And I hope they win.

Mississippi folks take their storms seriously as does the television channels.  Now we have heavy rain but the strong wind has passed me by.  I think I can now put away the new lanterns.

No comments: