Monday, March 20, 2023

March 20, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Another Raccoon.

Raccoons seem to like my house.  A few years ago, I heard a noise in the attic.  When the exterminator went into the attic, he discovered that he was staring at a big raccoon.  So he backed away.  He was able to trap the raccoon on the deck and since that time, we have had no trouble with critters in the attic.  But last week I heard a loud noise coming from the attic and called the exterminator immediately.  He arrived the next morning with two traps, one for the attic and one for the deck.  He also found a hole that the raccoon had pulled off to gain access.  The exterminator used a heat sensor to find the hole.

The nights have been cold so I guess the raccoon was getting into the warm attic.  I never heard another noise from the attic but yesterday the trap door on the trap was tripped.  Portia checked and sure enough, there was a raccoon in the trap.  Today the exterminator took away the raccoon and if I hear no more noises from the attic, he will close up the hole.   I hope my problem with the raccoons will be over.

In addition, yesterday I had an infestation of tiny sugar ants in my bedroom.  When we first moved here in 2015, we had a major issue with those ants, both in the pantry and the bedroom.  The exterminator sprayed for the ants.  In addition he recommended to us to take down all the vines on the trees.  Evidently, the ants live in the vines on the trees.  Wonderful Wendy removed a bunch of the vines.  Also Lanny who looks after the yard removed the rest.  But now the vines are back so on Thursday Lanny will remove the vines.  My exterminator sprayed today.  And once again, my ant problem will be over.

No comments: