Sunday, March 26, 2023

March 26, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Cups and Saucers.

 Once upon a time, many years ago, everyone served you tea in a fancy cup and saucer.  At least they did in Canada.  Every cup was different and always made of fine china.  Every bride was given cups and saucers so I had many beautiful cups and saucers.  I brought 16 of them with me to Mississippi.  When Wendy opened the box of china, I asked her what on earth I should do with those fancy cups and saucers.  I was no longer using them.  Wendy suggested that she put them in a nest of four.  And she stored them in a high cupboard over top of the refrigerator.  And she suggested that I would give them to the granddaughters at some appropriate time in the future

In the middle of the night last week, I decided that the appropriate time would be when a granddaughter had moved into their own apartment.  So I sent four cups and saucers to Kate as a Spring surprise.  This week, we had PackMail package them up and send the fancy cups to Kate, which arrived on Saturday.  She was surprised and delighted.  Last Spring, she and her friend Sarah Kennedy held a tea party  for their friends and they had already discussed having another this year.  Last year it was a hit.  Now Kate will use her fancy four cups and saucers at their tea party.  

Now I have three more sets up in my cabinet waiting for another granddaughter to move into their own apartment.  I have more cups and saucers in Nova Scotia but I do not know if PackMail has outlets there.  But for now, all is well.  And Kate is delighted.


No comments: